Make each day a story worth telling!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day!!!

Along with the beautiful flowers and card that Q...I mean Griffin gave me(it was so cute, Griffin even drew in the card).....I got the one thing every wife & mother dreams of hearing from her husband: "What can I do to help you?" Oh my, Q had no idea that he had just made all of my mother's day dreams come true! HA!

Griffin making his Mother's Day cards

his artwork
"mommy juice" aka Sangria....yum!

I was a little worried that all of the mommy juice would be gone....drank by yours truely...before our dinner guests arrived!
and here is the yummy recipe!
  • 1 Bottle of red wine, I used Merlot
  • 1 Lemon cut into wedges
  • 1 Orange cut into wedges
  • 1 Lime cut into wedges
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • Splash of orange juice or lemonade
  • 2 Shots of gin or triple sec (optional) -I may have spiked the punch with a little more than recipe called for ;)
  • Frozen strawberries
  • 1 Small can of diced pineapples (with juice)
  • 4 Cups ginger ale
  • Pour wine into a large pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon, orange and lime into the wine. Toss in the fruit wedges and pineapple then add sugar, orange juice and gin. Chill overnight. Add ginger ale, berries and ice just before serving. If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lotsof ice. However, remember that the best Sangrias are chilled around 24 hours in the frig. - allowing the flavors to really marinate into each other.
the 2 little cousins squeeze in a little playtime
a few shots of my favorite little boy!

our little skiier...well, kind of
our evening on the lake
Had to include this funny pic of Q(he was prepping the ribs for Sunday)....I laughed so hard...the kind of rolling on the ground, can't catch your breath, your stomach hurts because of it kind of laugh. He is a funny man! I had bought turbinado sugar for his rub and (once again) bought a huge box with individual packets on accident. (I swear 'individual packets' is in fine print ;) So, he stood there for quite a while opening each little packet, cracking jokes along the way! And, I remind him often that his life would be so boring without me! I still laugh looking at this picture!!! Love you babe!
Thank you Q and Griffin for a super fun Mother's Day! Q, for giving me the greatest gift...a little Griffin! Griffin, you make being your Mom so much fun!!! You and Daddy are the best things that have ever happened to me!!! I love you both so much! Thank you Kathy for the beautiful flowers! My kitchen smells so 'pretty' because of them!! And thank you Mom for our early Mother's Day in Lubbock! You are such a wonderful mother, best friend and nana! Thank you for showing me all of those years what being such a great mom means!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment