Make each day a story worth telling!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

FIT Family 5k

I have to say that after a beautiful morning, a run to the park with g, an unexpected playdate(s)....the new kiddie park at sedgwick county park is AMAZING...road bike shopping with Q...me 'surviving' trying out bikes, lunch with my 2 boys, and finishing up a print...i would say this has been a pretty fabulous day!!!...now as my little 'angel' sleeps...on to blogging

My handsome men and I after the 5k!
We pulled up to the waterfront on Sunday to tunes of a Christian band playing in the distance. It was such a beautiful day and so fun to help our friends raise money for their beautiful 1 year old baby girl Paxten (also one of griffin's girlfriends) who has leukemia by running in the Fit Family 5k! Our first race as a family! I am sure there were many times Q wanted to pick up the pace but he managed to stay with me so that we could run and finish the race as a family!! Griffin's favorite part was the inflatables after the race! Man loves to jump!

Paxten's parents Libby and Blake are such an inspiration, they have kept such a strong faith through this journey! Miss Paxten is such a little fighter and is in remission! You can follow their story at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/paxtenpearson

No comments:

Post a Comment