Make each day a story worth telling!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

project post: poncho beach towel!!!

Love Griffin's hoodie bath towels, they are amazing for bath time(Jan, yours is still my very favorite!!) but I also needed a hands free towel (for my squirmy little man) for the lake/pool/beach. So, I decided we needed a poncho towel, now we can wrap g all up and he still has his hands free.... which is super important when we are on the boat!

My little helper!!

Measure the length from shoulders to desired length(I wanted Griffin's to be right above his ankle), double it. Then cut off the bottom of the towel. If using bath towels, you won't need to cut length or width of towel.
Then cut width of towel to desired size. Grab a wash rag to get good measurements for the small squares (used for hoodie), and don't forget to leave seam allowance.
Sew raw edges of sides/bottom of towel, and of the small squares that will be used for the hoodie. Fold over 1/4" inch and then again on small squares, and side of towel. Fold over 1/2" for bottom of towel.
Sew (right sides together) the top and back of the hoodie.
Cut narrow strip out of the center of towel, roughly about 12" wide and very narrow. Sew(right sides together) the hood and towel hole, matching up center of hoodie and center of cut out.
Added 1" pleats to the front opening, for a little pizzaz!
Sew ball fringe on the bottom of the front...don't forget to turn the edges under!

had a little extra towel left over, so I made G a little beach bag to match! Love!!
Love the way this turned out....so I made one for Griffin's bud Brooks who just turned 2!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful tute!!!!! :)
    Love, Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your hooded beach towels!! I liked the one you made brooks! Way to go miss crafty!

    ReplyDelete