Make each day a story worth telling!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

lessons learned

wow...what a crazy week this has been already and it's only Tuesday!!!

Thought I would type a little about a couple of the lessons I have learned these last couple of days!!! Yes, one of the reasons I blog is to save all of these memories that pass by too quickly...so bear with me if some of the details are a little....well, gross!!!

Lesson #1: Just when you think things can't get any worse....they do. Here is the story...Monday, I had cooked Griffin scrambled eggs for breakfast. Just when I set him in his highchair to eat...he projectile vomits ALL OVER!!! It was EVERYWHERE... I seriously don't know how that much could have been in his little stomach...So, I strip him down right there and take him to the tub, he loves baths, so this makes him feel better immediately! Well, next thing I know he slips and busts his chin on the tub....yep, blood everywhere!!! By this time it was only 8:30 and I felt like I had already had a full day!!! And...I didn't feel like eating my eggs so much after that!

Lesson #2: Don't take (fun sounding, well-meaning) suggestions from friends!!! My maps group was recently talking about letting their kiddos run around naked after their baths...and how much fun it was for them! Well, sounded like fun...so Griffin tried it out today (Tuesday).....NEVER AGAIN!!!! He pottied (and yes, I mean #2) on the floor! I was talking to Q on the phone when I discovered this and he seemed to think it was HILARIOUS!!! Me....not so much!

Believe it or not...as crazy as these last few days sound, it has been beautiful outside, I have started a new fun project (stay-tuned), been able to make it to the gym, and spend time with friends and let all of our little men run off some energy! So, it has been a great week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment